New Zealand Intellectual
Property Attorneys Inc
If you are looking for a New Zealand career in intellectual property you may wish to bookmark this page. Our members post job vacancies here from time to time.
If you are an employer wishing to post an advertisement please get in touch with the secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Patent Attorneys – Expression of Interest (Australasia)
Chapman Tripp Patents · Auckland, AKL
Chapman Tripp is New Zealand's pre-eminent law firm. In 2021, we entered the patent services market when we launched Chapman Tripp Patents Limited.
If you are a talented patent attorney and looking to advance your career, Chapman Tripp has the resources and ambition to take you over the top.
About the roles
Chapman Tripp Patents is in an exciting growth phase. We are looking for the best patent attorneys in Australasia, from recently qualified candidates through to director-level appointments.
We are particularly interested in anyone with medical device technology and related engineering experience.
Chapman Tripp Patents offers unique flexibility and breadth of opportunity which comes from working within a start-up environment – but one backed by a large law firm which has driven innovation in legal services markets since 1875.
The roles are Auckland based. But, for outstanding candidates, we will consider remote-working from anywhere across the country or around the world.
Relevant Skills and Responsibilities
• Outstanding technical knowledge
• Exceptional domestic and foreign patent law knowledge
• Commercially astute and client focused
• Strong oral and written communication ability
• Analytical and problem-solving capacity
• Advising on infringement and validity
• Drafting patent specifications with a global focus
• Patent portfolio management
• Prosecuting patent applications worldwide
• Assistance with contentious matters
Qualifications and experience
• Registered Trans-Tasman, UK, EP and/or US patent attorney
• 0-10+ years post-qualification experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Biomedical, Computer Systems, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Software or Telecommunications Engineering, or similar), or post-graduate degree in Physics, Chemistry or Biotechnology
• Law degree desirable, but not essential
• Patent litigation or opposition experience also desirable, but not essential.
Working for Chapman Tripp
Our firm is full of people who enjoy a challenge, team work and having fun along the way. We have a culture of belonging which focuses on equal opportunity, merit and providing tools to be our best. We offer a flexible and supportive workplace environment that meets the needs of our people and our business. At Chapman Tripp Patents we work from stunning modern premises in the PwC Tower at Commercial Bay, with support to work-from-home as personal circumstances and/or public health settings require.
For a confidential discussion about the opportunities with Chapman Tripp Patents, please contact Sam Moodley, Talent Acquisition Specialist on +64 9 357 9014 or email@example.com